Lovebug Complete Insect Based Adult Dry Cat Food
About Lovebug Dry Cat Food
Good for Your Cat
- Nutritionally complete & balanced – An adult cat (2+) could happily live off Lovebug cat food – it’s got everything a cat needs, including Taurine. The crunchy kibble helps keep feline teeth and gums healthy and is easy to digest.
- Insects are meat – According to the United Nations, bugs have the same nutritional value as traditional protein sources like chicken, beef and fish. Lovebug is packed with single source insect protein, giving your cat all the protein that it needs. Insects are just as nutritious as traditional animal protein sources and provide your cat with a healthy mix of amino acids, good fats and micronutrients
- Hypoallergenic – It is well known that the majority of dietary allergies in cats are caused by beef, dairy or fish. Lovebug is free from such ingredients and relies on a novel insect protein source which considerably reduces the risk of intolerances being triggered
- Made by experts – It’s been developed with the help of the pet nutritionists and veterinary experts from the Waltham Petcare Science Institute – a leader in pet nutrition and wellbeing research for over 50 years
- No added artificial colours, no added dairy and no palm oil
Good for The Planet
- Less packaging – Lovebug comes in fully recyclable and plastic-free packaging
- Less food waste – the insects are fed on 100% surplus veggies and plants
- Less land used – the insects used in Lovebug take up 80% less land than beef, per kilo of protein
- Cleaner energy – the insects are sourced from a farm powered by 100% renewable electricity
- Kinder to farm animals – Lovebug is 100% livestock free (no hidden animal fats or derivatives)
Feeding and Switching Guidelines
Dried Insect Meal (30%), Maize, Wheat, Dried Cereal Protein, Vegetable Oil, Minerals, Soy Protein, Flavour From Vegetable Sources, Cellulose, Rice, Dried Beet Pulp, Yeast.
Protein: 28.9% Fat Content: 12.1% Inorganic Matter: 8.23% Crude Fibre: 5.6%
Additives (per kg)
Antioxidants / Nutritional Additives: Vitamin A 11453 IU, Vitamin D3 1263.1 IU, Copper (Copper(II) Sulphate Pentahydrate) 4.3 mg, Iodine (Potassium Iodide) 1.1 mg, Iron (Iron(II) Sulphate, Monohydrate) 28.9 mg, Manganese (Manganous Sulphate, Monohydrate) 30.3 mg, Taurine 182 mg, Selenium (Sodium Selenite) 0.2 mg, Zinc (Zinc Sulphate, Monohydrate) 36.8 mg.
What is the difference between Lovebug™ cat food and traditional meat cat food?
Lovebug™ cat food contains all of the taste and nutritional goodness of traditional meat-based cat food, without the traditional meat. Instead, it uses insect protein as its primary source of protein and amino acids.
What type of insects is Lovebug™ cat food made from?
Lovebug™ cat food is made using black soldier fly larvae. These insects can be reared on a wide range of food industry by-products (that would otherwise go to waste), making them a circular and sustainable source of protein. Black soldier fly proteins have just the right proportion of amino acids, fatty acids and minerals, which are essential for pet nutrition.
Does my cat need wet food as well as dry?
Lovebug™ cat food is a complete and balanced food for cats. That means it provides all the nutrients with your feline friend needs, in just the right amounts and ratios. There's no need to feed your cat any other food at all - either wet or dry! There's actually no requirement for cats to eat wet food because complete and balanced nutrition can be provided in either form. It just depends on what your cat prefers. Remember to always put out water next to your pet’s food (wet or dry) so they’ve got enough to drink.
Can I alternate freely between feeding my cat Lovebug™ cat food and meat-based cat food?
Yes, it is possible to alternate between Lovebug™ and other nutritionally complete cat food if you wish.
How many servings should I get from a 1kg bag, assuming that my cat only eats Lovebug™ cat food?
There's about 14- to 20-days food in the 1kg pack, depending on the weight of your cat. For full info, check out the feeding guide on the pack, on our website or in our FAQs.
WHY CHOOSE LOVEBUG
100% COMPLETE & HYPOALLERGENIC
Nutritionally complete and balanced. An adult cat could live happily off Lovebug cat food – it’s got everything they need! Lovebug is easily digestible and free from beef, dairy and fish, meaning it considerably reduces the risk of intolerances being triggered
INSECTS ARE MEAT
Cats are ‘obligate carnivores’ and need meat to survive. Insects are a type of meat and provide your cat with all the protein they need. They are just nutritious as traditional animal protein sources, providing a healthy mix of amino acids, good fats and micronutrients
EASY ON THE PLANET
Lovebug is not only good for cats, but its good for the planet too! Lovebug comes in fully recyclable and plastic-free packaging. The insects used in Lovebug also help reduce food waste and land use and are sourced from a farm in the EU powered by 100% renewable electricity
MADE BY EXPERTS
Lovebug has been developed with the help of pet nutritionists and veterinary experts from Waltham Petcare Science Institute – a leader in pet nutrition and wellbeing research for over 50 years.